Acubiz is a system where an administrator specifies which groups/roles the individual users should have. This article deals with the following groups/roles
All users created in Acubiz are automatically assigned the role of Employee.
It is not a role that can be removed, but the role gives the employee right to make settlements in Acubiz and log into Acubiz One.
Being assigned the approver group (role) basically only means that the user can be added as an approver to other users. To become an approver for a user, you must be added as an approver for a user. How to change approver on a user >>
If you have been added as an approver for one (or more) employees, you will receive all costs from these employees, for approval. An approver who receives the cost of approval may have several checkpoints before approving or rejecting.
- Is it a business related expense?
- Is the expense within the agreed framework - and thus in order?
- Is there correct documentation for the expenses (receipts)?
- Are the costs correctly dimensioned (department, project, etc.)?
Of course, there may be more or fewer checkpoints for an approver than the above, but the principle is that the approver must relate to the costs the employee submits for approval.
It is important that the approver actually checks the points that are expected, as pressing the APPROVE button is explicitly a managerial approval. There is a responsibility!
An approver has the following options:
- Standard Acubiz feature
- Approve expenses
- Reject expenses (back to the employee with a message)
- Acubiz purchasing features
- Move the cost to another approver
- Edit expenses
A financial user works exclusively via the web interface with his financial tasks. If a financial user is to settle expenses, Acubiz One must be used
The Finance group are assigned to those users that will verifi the settlements that are made by employees and approved by an approver, before settling shall be exported to the ERP system for accounting.
The finance group contains the following areas:
- Must approve all approved expenses from employees
- Can make changes to the approved expenses
- Can reject approved settlements - back to the employee or the approver.
- Can check the documentation of all expenses
- Can make a permanent match between credit card transactions and employees when an employee uses his credit card for the first time
Finance can also...
- ... View all transactions by status of all employees
- ... Move transactions from one employee to another
- ... View transactions pending approval at approvers
- ... Move transactions from one approver to another
- ... Search and see all the expenses made by all employees
- ... export settled expenses to ERP system
- ... make reconcilliation
The Administrator group allows a selected employee to set up and manage areas of Acubiz. Learn more about the features the administrator role can handle in Acubiz >>
- Create new users
- Disable users
- Change users' personal information
- Change group rights on users
- Change of affiliation (Approvers and secretaries)
- Manage postings, driving, diets, approval levels and much more
- Create new financial dimension values
- Delete and disable existing dimension values
- Create new expense accounts in the chart of accounts
- Delete and deactivate cost accounts in the chart of accounts
- Working with MCC codes (Article codes)
- Create and update currencies as well as exchange rates
- Credit card accounting
- Change the email setup including content in emails sent from Acubiz
- Create and change the schedule for sending reminder emails
- Allowance rates
- Mileage rates
- Countries and currencies
The secretary group can be given to users who have to make settlements on behalf of another person. When a user is assigned to the secretary group, the same user must be activated as secretary for the users for whom you are to be secretary.
- ... an administrator adds a secretary to a user >>
- ... a secretary works on behalf of another in Acubiz One >>
The statistics role can be assigned to users who must be able to search and view all transactions but at the same time must not be able to make changes that a Finance role offers.
This role is often used to give an external auditor access to audit the booked transactions. See more about auditing access >>